- Have you demonstrated any of the qualities that Bobby Jones had?
- What can you learn from Bobby Jones?
(1) At what age did Bobby Jones become the junior club champion?
(2) How many championships did he win in his professional career? List them.
(3) What made Bobby Jones a special golfer?
(4) What are the 4 tournaments that make up the Golf Grand Slam?
(5) At what age and year did Bobby Jones die? What did he suffer from?
Links to more info
More interesting facts
Jones was an average-size man, standing 5’8" tall and weighing about 165 pounds at the height of his golfing career. He had a clean-cut, boyish manner that made him the favourite of golfing fans.
The putter that Bobby Jones used throughout much of his career was nicknamed "Calamity Jane."
The young Bobby Jones. (Taken from http://golf.about.com/od/golfersmen/p/bobby_jones.htm)
Bobby Jones at the 1927 British Open in St. Andrews, Scotland. (Taken from http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/media/16042/Bobby-Jones-at-the-1927-British-Open-in-St-Andrews)
Bobby Jones is one of four golfers to win the US Open four times. (Taken from http://golf.about.com/od/majorchampionships/f/usopenmostwins.htm)
A movie about Bobby Jones. Jim Caviezel stars as golf legend Bobby Jones, the icon who retired from competition at the tender age of 28. (Taken from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375104/)